Personal Injury Lawyers / Díobháil Phearsanta

Contact us at Swaine Solicitors LLP if you would like more information. Telephone: 091 861382.
Email: [email protected]

Road Traffic Accident Claims *

Have you been injured in a road traffic accident as a result of the negligence of a third party? In order to succeed with a personal injury claim you must prove that you suffered a personal injury through no fault of your own. We have a proven track record in this area and our expertise will ensure that you achieve the best possible outcome. We will guide you through each stage of the process from the initial application to the Injuries Board.

We do not act for insurance companies therefore you are guaranteed that there is no conflict of interest.

We have a vast amount of experience in the following areas

Personal Injuries:

  • Whiplash type injuries
  • Soft tissue injuries
  • Orthopaedic injuries
  • Post traumatic stress
  • Nerve damage injuries
  • Fractured bones
  • Head injuries
  • Ankle injuries
  • Knee injuries
  • Shoulder injuries
  • Rotor Cuff injuries
  • Back injuries
  • Dental injuries
Non Personal Injury:
  • Vehicle damage and depreciation
  • Car hire
  • Fire brigade charges
  • Medical expenses
  • Hospital expenses
  • Doctor expenses
  • Loss of earnings
Public Liability Personal Injury Claims*

Swaine Solicitors LLP have a great deal of experience in acting for clients who have suffered personal injury due to the negligence of Local Authorities and Public Bodies. We have acted for clients who have been involved in accidents and suffered personal injury due to defective footpaths or roadways.

Personal Injury Claims Against the State or State Agencies*

We have a huge amount of experience in taking actions against the State and State Agencies to include the HSE. Swaine Solicitors LLP acted on behalf of a client against the Private Security Authority (PSA).  That case was the first legal action against the PSA. We have also succeeded in a Judicial Review action on behalf of client in respect of the Property Registration Services Authority (PRSA).

We have been involved in litigation against many government departments to include Justice, Defence, Health, Social Welfare.

Workplace Accidents and Employer Liability*

Have you suffered a personal injury as a result of an accident at your place of work or during the course of your employment?  We can advise if you are entitled to make a personal injury claim. We have a vast amount of experience in acting for clients who were involved in accidents at work. We have acted for employees who were injured in workplace accidents such as:

  • Injuries sustained on building sites
  • Injuries sustained in factories
  • Injuries sustained in pharmaceutical industry
  • Injuries sustained in fall/trip accidents
  • Injuries sustained in hospitals
Personal Injury Through Medical Negligence*

Have you suffered a personal injury due to medical negligence?

We can explain this complex area of law and based on our experience advise as to whether or not you have a valid personal injury claim.

Firstly we shall take detailed instructions and then obtain and review your medical notes and records.  We shall arrange for your medical records to be reviewed by a Senior Counsel who is also medically qualified.  At this stage we will be able to advise if you should pursue a medical negligence claim.

In order to pursue a personal injury claim the injured party has to prove that “but for” the negligence/mistake of the practitioner the injury would not have occurred.

Similar to personal injury claims a medical injury negligence action must be initiated within 2 years from the date of accident/injury.  This time limit is extended in the case of minors (persons under the age of 18 years) by statute.

 An Garda Siochana*
  • Are you a member of An Garda Síochana?
  •  Have you suffered a personal injury but are unsure whether you fall within the statutory  compensation scheme?
  • Are you aware of all your options?

Contact us for advice.

If you are a member of An Garda Siochana and have suffered a personal injury you may be entitled to make a claim if the injury was:

  • inflicted maliciously;
  • while you were  acting in your capacity as a garda (either on or off duty) or because of acts done in that capacity or arising out of your  membership of the  force and
  • the injury is not minor in nature in the assessment of the Minister of Justice (‘the Minister’).

An application for Ministerial authorisation must be made within 3 months of injury (or death in the case of fatal injury).  If authorisation is forthcoming and the Minister grants permission to proceed you have a period of two months from the date of notification to issue proceedings in the High Court.

The scheme also applies to CAB staff (s.18 of the CAB Act 1996).

Post Traumatic Stress*

 If you sustained a psychological injury as a result of witnessing or being involved in an accident caused by the negligence of any party you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim. The team at Swaine Solicitors LLP have a lot of experience in advising clients on this issue.

Fatal Injury Actions*

We are very conscious of how challenging and emotional difficult these type of actions are.  Our aim is to guide the family through the process as sympathetically and efficiently as possible.

Criminal Injuries Compensation Tribunal*

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Tribunal provides compensation for persons injured as a result of a crime. The Tribunal also provides compensation for the dependants of those who have been unlawfully killed. There is a three month time limit within which applications must be submitted to the scheme.

*In contentious matters a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.